meta data for this page
This is an old revision of the document!
Interesting papers or talks regarding sustainability/green IT :
1) Technology for a Sustainable Future | Jeff Connolly | TEDxFlindersUniversity
It seems interesting to me since he had a comparison between technology in 30 years ago and how it can affect in the future. In addition he had some examples of how it can help to have a sustainable future.
2) How 3D printing can revolutionize sustainable design
This article is talking about how 3d printing can changed the production line. Consequently by using the exact amount of material needed we would have zero waste.
“for example, if we could purchase the 3D model of an object we wanted to buy, rather than the object itself, and then download and print it in our home 3D printer. By buying this design from an “app store” of 3D objects rather than a brick-and-mortar shop, and printing it ourselves, we've completely eliminated all of the waste of traditional manufacture, as well as 100 percent of the energy and material normally consumed in transportation and packaging — while enjoying a more custom-tailored and convenient shopping experience.”
3) TED talk by Johan Rockstrom: Let the environment guide our development
4) 19-Year-Old Develops Ocean Cleanup Array That Could Remove 7,250,000 Tons Of Plastic From the World’s Oceans
He came with the idea that the tidal moves will come into a triangle and the debris can be come to a point. By having the equipment and infrastructure in the exact point we can collect all the plastic garbage with the minimum effort by just using the natural tidal movements. This can be inspiring since we can use the natural power to address the issues.
5) The role of ICT in the UN Sustainable Development Goals