meta data for this page
- Email: petri dot heinila at lut dot fi
- 2011 1. Period Thursday 12-13
- 2011 2. Period Thursday 15-16
- 2012 3. Period Tuesday 15-16
- Room: 2527
Returning works by email
You have to use given conventions when returning course works (as well as if you have something to discuss about the course).
Reply might take week or two (if needed). If you have topics to discuss, exercises or reception time are better places. Email is not 100% realiable, so be prepared to resend package if needed.
- CSPA - CT20A6000 https://noppa.lut.fi/noppa/opintojakso/ct30a6000
- If you are returning the group work done with multiple members, put email addresses of the other members into CC field as well. This way all get reply mails if I have some feedback or further arrangements to give.
Email subject field
- Prefix email subject field with course abbreviation. (incoming mail are filtered by this abbreviation, so mail will be processed sometime later if abbreviation is not used.)
- Put return work name to subject field as well or discussion topic.
- Always add your work group all members information: 1) name, 2) student number, 3) email address (in cc field)
Email attachment files
Attached file containing works have to follow given naming:
naming: <course abbreviation>-<semester>-<work>-<name1>[-<name2> ..].<type>
<course abbreviation> ::= cspa | /* or other course abbrv */
<semester> ::== 2010 | /* or other course */
<work> ::= <name of the work>[-<version>]
<name> ::= member last name
<type> :: zip | pdf
Return you work in one file, not multiple files.
- Documents are in .pdf format.
Zip Package Contents
only files/directories inside package, no embetted packages again (no zip in zip)
- Version management files. CVS, Subversion, ..
- No compiled files: Python *.pyc, Java *.class or eclipse java project bin directory, ..
- No .zip in .zip
- Generally no files that can be remade by simple recompilation.
cspa-2011-impl-v1-Lastname-Lastname.zip extracts to cspa-2011-impl-v1-Lastname-Lastname/ directory
cspa-2011-impl-v1-Lastname-Lastname/ README.txt -- names, student numbers, running instructions cspa-2011-design-v1-Lastname-Lastname.pdf -- work report if required src/ -- source code root package1/ -- python (or other language) package __init__.py file1.py file2.py package2/ -- another python (or other language) package __init__.py file3.py file4.py