meta data for this page
This is an old revision of the document!
Windows Store Laboratory Project: From App to Publish
Period 4: CT30A9600 Research Methods, Laboratory Project, 5cr
From App to Publish: Learn to design, develop and publish for the new Windows 8 environment! The introduction lectures help you to There is a preset development environment in the computer lab 6218 and there will be help in getting the environment installed on your own computer. In addition, the students will get Azure cloud computing credits for their c
- Course pages and signup opened (sign up HERE)
- 20.3. - Signup open
- 4.4. - The introduction lectures
- 11.4. - Getting started helpdesk and optional operating system install event
- 18.4. - Weekly meetup and prototype presentations
- 25.4. - Weekly meetup and helpdesk
- 2.5. - Final helpdesk, project presentations and app publication lectures
- 11.5. - Optional publication helpdesk (i.e. you got rejected - let's get those problems fixed and your app resubmitted!)
Participation in all of the events, except for those mentioned. Successful return of the final project. The course is graded pass or fail.
Requirements for the project work
- Windows 8 Desktop app, that:
- Provides enough useful functionality to warrant publication (for example: Bus schedules in Lappeenranta area, blog reader, a 2d space shooter)
- Uses networking functionality (using a web service, collecting RSS feeds, messenger application, etc.)
- Is sufficiently advanced if is not a networked app
- Is accepted into the Windows 8 Store before the end of August
- Writing a half to one page report about your software
- Submitting the source code to the course assistant along with the report
- Providing a link to the published app in the report
Support forums are always available at http://www.codecamp.fi/qeta/ . The course assistant will be available there and if you use the forum to ask questions, other people will also benefit from your answers. For all other questions contact Antti Kntutas (email@example.com).