meta data for this page
Green IT 3: Sustainability Indicators
- Lecturer: Prof. Jari Porras
- Assistant: Shola
Day 1 - Friday 18.3.2016 12-16 / Room 2411
Book: Computing research (whole book)
- Chapter 1: Viola Helynranta & Vilma Parkkila chapter1_presentation.pptx
- Chapter 2: Toni Martikainen
- Chapter 3: Kaarel Kõrvemaaa chapter_3_indicators.pptx
(students should add these here)
Day 2 - Friday 15.4.2016 8-12 / Room 2411
Book: Sustainability Indicators
- Pages 1 - 97
- Chapter 1: Victor Araujo & Giang Tran https://goo.gl/yE6ad6
- Chapter 2: Tamara Belyakhina & Imtiaz Ahmed chapter2_presentation_sustainability_indicators.pptx-1.pptx
- Chapter 3: Felipe León & Joseph El Khoury Presentation
Day 3 - Friday 22.4.2016 12-16 / Room 2411
Book: Sustainability indicators
- Pages 101 - 207
- Chapter 4: Olga Rybnytska & Hanting Zhangsustainability_indicators_chapter4_hanting_zhang_olga_rybnytska.pdf
- Chapter 5: Bartosz Rzepkowski & Masudul Haque Talukder sustainability_indicators_-_chapter_5.pptx
- Chapter 6: Omar Mater green_it-chapter_6-imagine.pdf
- Chapter 7: Sakari Kuparinen & Julius Hytti chapter_7_presentation.pptx
- Create your own wiki page
- Search and select three (3) documents (web pages, articles, videos, …) of the topic of your course (Data & Privacy in Critical thinking and Sustainability in Green IT course) and explain why those documents are relevant for the course.
- Individual task after first seminar: Design a new “sustainabilility movement” starting from small individual actions and advance to societal impact. The purpose of this is to find concrete action for example in waste management, enargy usage, …. Present how the action could be expanded to society movement (like the whole village would participate in waste management). Deadline by the second seminar time.
- Choose a simple use case, using Radar Diagram Model, think about different Metrics, Goals and Indicators that can be applied to the diagram using the example you have choosed as a Test case. Think of how to achieve the current goals and how to use the model to set future goals. Example: Lappeenranta Transportation System.
* Form a group of three to four students and Develop sustainability indicator model similar to the radar diagram from Birgit course or the AMOEBA approach using sustainability pillars as a form of grouping.
* Each group member should apply the developed model to his/her country of origin.
* Link to Birgit course slide: http://birgit.penzenstadler.de/teach/lut/2016_3_SustAnalysis.pptx.pdf
* Group 1: Giang Tran, Tamara Belyakhina, Victor Araujo, Olga Rybnytska: https://greenitindicators.herokuapp.com/
* Group 2: Joseph el Khoury, Felipe Leon, Henrique Sarmento sustainabilityindicatormodel.pdf
* Group 3: Toni Martikainen, Julius Hytti, Sakari Kuparinen finland_sustainability_pillars.pdf
* Group 4: Viola Helynranta, Bartosz Rzepkowski, Hanting Zhang, Omar Mater: radardiagram_group-4.pdf
Group 5: Ahmed Imtiaz and Masudul Haque Talukder https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9nKoyBEVJNhZ3YyTUVUZkQxRE0
Links to Books
* Sustainability Indicators https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2uCDhUbHZX9THAwM001ZUtXOFU/view?usp=sharing
* Computing Research for sustainability http://luci.ics.uci.edu/websiteContent/weAreLuci/biographies/faculty/djp3/LocalCopy/13415.pdf
- Provide your coursera course diploma to the lecturer
- Create 4 exam questions representing the course contents. Explain why the question is good.
- Grade the presentations
- Answer to the course questionaire
- As a group prepare the final presentation of your group to the final presentation
- Divide x*10 points among course participant (x=number of people in the course)
Extra work for people who missed lectures
- If you missed lectures you need to provide short reviews (1/2 page each) of all those chapters we went through that lecture time.
- Do also the TASK_LATE depending on the seminar you missed.
- NOTE! Deadline for these are always the next seminar day.
- This task is intended for those who arrive late to the lectures (30mins+ which means you do not participate in discussions)
- FIRST SEMINAR TIME: Go through the pre-tasks of the other group members of your group and produce a reflection of what ca be learned from these.
- SECOND SEMINAR TIME:
- THIRD SEMINAR TIME:
==== Groupwise working area ====.