meta data for this page
Green IT 2: Sustainability: A History
- Lecturer: Prof. Jari Porras
Day 1 - Friday 18.3.2016 08-16 / Room 2411
Book: Computing research (whole book)
- Chapter 1: pages 13 - 50: Simo Kettunen
- Chapter 2: pages 51 - 85: Munidner Adavelli, Jyri Vähä Pietilä green_it_chapter_2.pptx
- Chapter 3: pages 86 - 104: Jose Luis Mendes Fonseca chapter3.pptx
Seminar sessions and participants: 8am-12pm:
Jose Luis Mendes Fonseca, Laura Juhola, Simo Kettunen
Priscilla Frempong, Mariam Abdulkareem, Susana Simpson, Saud Al Faisal, Abdullai Abdul-Rauf Larry, Saidur Rahman, Prashanta Paudel
Sagar Parajuli,Tatu Kosonen, Adavelli Muninder , Manish Lamichhane, Henrique Reinaldo Sarmento
Day 2 - Thursday 24.3.2016 08-16 / Room 2411
Book: Sustainability: A History
- Pages 1 - 135
- Chapter 1: pages 21 - 54: Saud Al Faisal, Md Anis Chowdhury http://www2.it.lut.fi/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php/courses/ct60a7000/spring2016/green/group2chapter1.pptx
- Chapter 2: pages 55 - 88: Laura Juhola, Susana E.A.Simpson
- Chapter 3: pages 89 - 111: Frempong Priscillabk2chp3_presentation.frempong.pptx
- Chapter 4: pages 112 - 135: Abdullai Abdul-Rauf Larry
Day 3 - Friday 22.4.2016 08-16 / Room 2411
Book: Sustainability: A History
- Pages 136 - 253
- Chapter 5: pages 136 - 175: Lauri Sipilä, Henrique Sarmento, Manish Lamichhane green_it_chapter_5.pdf
- Chapter 6: pages 176 - 232: Saidur Rahman,Sagar Parajuli,Prashanta Paudelgreen_it-chapter_6.ppt
- Chapter 7: pages 233 - 253: Mariam Abdulkareem; Susan Simpson chapter_7_green_it_and_sustainable_computing.pptx
- Create your own wiki page
- Search and select three (3) documents (web pages, articles, videos, …) of the topic of your course (Data & Privacy in Critical thinking and Sustainability in Green IT course) and explain why those documents are relevant for the course.
- Individual task after second seminar: Search and present a visionary person that has affected or affects your perspective to sustainable development. Describe the person, his/her work and how it relates to sustainable development. Reflect not just give a link.
- names here
- Jose Luis Mendez Fonseca - Jimmy Wales (Wikipedia co-founder)http://jimmywales.com/about-jimmy/
- Laura Juhola - Minna Canth
- Abdullai Abdul-Rauf Larry – Bill Drayton….social entrepreneur….founder (Ashoka: Innovators for the Public) link…(https://www.ashoka.org/team/drayton)
- Saud Al Faisal– Dr. Md Younus (Founder Grameen Bank)muhammad_yunus.pdf
- Saidur Rahman–Leonardo DiCaprio(Leonardo Dicaprio Foundation)leonardo_dicaprio.pdf
- Muninder Adavelli–Chewang Norphel(External Link)
- Simo Kettunen - Elon Musk
- Priscilla Frempong–Alex Steffen (writer and amongst the voice of sustainability)
- Sagar Parajuli - Tshering Tobgay(External Link)
- Mariam Abdulkareem - Bunker Roy External Linkbunker_roy_-_visionary_in_sustainable_development.pdf
- Manish Lamichhane - Jacque Fresco External Link
- Individual task after third seminar Find good examples of sustainability education (courses,projects, etc.) and reflect what can be used and how they could be utilized
- Saud Al Faisal- Please check my page.
- Prashanta Paudel - Conservation School conservation_school.pdf
- Priscilla Frempong- Sustainablility:Principle and Practice(online course) and The Arizone State College School of sustainability(summary meade in personal wiki page)
- Saidur Rahman- All the personal homeworks are in my wiki page.Please check there…
- Henrique Reinaldo Sarmento- Please check my page.
- Group 2 members follow the first task as given to the them with group 1 & group 2 (note. this is only for the first task)
- * Nepal's Sustainability Model (Prashant Paudel, Sagar Parajuli, Manish Lamichhane): **
- Sustainability Indicator Model, An African Perspective - Priscilla Frempong, Mariam Abdulkareem, Susana Eyram Adjei Simpson, Abdullai Abdul-Rauf Larry sustainability_model_from_nigerian_and_ghanaian_perspective.pdf
- Indian Perspective - Muninder AdavelliIndia Sustainability Model
Joseph el Khoury (group3), Felipe Leon (group3), Henrique Sarmento sustainabilityindicatormodel.pdf
- Provide your coursera course diploma to the lecturer
- Create 4 exam questions representing the course contents. Explain why the question is good.
- Grade the presentations
- Answer to the course questionaire
- As a group prepare the final presentation of your group to the final presentation
Extra work for people who missed lectures TASK_MISSING LECTURES
- If you missed lectures you need to provide short reviews (1/2 page each) of all those chapters we went through that lecture time.
- Do also the TASK_LATE depending on the seminar you missed.
- Note! The deadline of these are always the next seminar day.
- This task is intended for those who arrive late to the lectures (30mins+ which means you do not participate in discussions)
- FIRST SEMINAR TIME: Go through the pre-tasks of the other group members of your group and produce a reflection of what ca be learned from these.
- SECOND SEMINAR TIME:
- THIRD SEMINAR TIME:
==== Groupwise working area ====.