meta data for this page
This is an old revision of the document!
Communications system architecture, modeling, CSPA
- As software architecture communications systems can be classified as stacked distributed components architectures
- Architecture usually focus on components and typed associations (eg. channels with interfaces), so encoding part is not included into architecture diagrams
- Architecture diagram as class diagram
- Entities can be created during protocol operation
- There can be multiple entities, which means they have to be addressed as well
- Contains state machine for all interfaces (might differ by design)
- Interfaces (Ports) - defining the incoming messages
- Channels (associations)
- by UML interface - usage (dependency) - realization presentation
Model architecture of exercise 01 chat system.
Reverse engineer TCP into communication architecture model (primitives usage)
Model full featured architecture of exercise 01 chat system.
- There can be multiple chat channels
- User can be joined to multiple different chat channels
- Assumed N-1 protocol layer is TCP as transport
Create a abstract session layer where users can a form session for usage certain service.