meta data for this page
This is an old revision of the document!
Project home pages
How to edit project pages?
- Membership for titewww group is needed, contact ilmari to get that.
- Mount web server document root folder using \\www2.it.lut.fi\www fileshare. (available at /net/www2/www folder at cursa.pc.lut.fi)
- Project homepages are located under project folder.
- Make there own folder for every project
- If you want your project to be visible at project list ( http://www2.it.lut.fi/project/ ) please add info.txt file on your project folder and write some information about project there:
- First line: Description for project
- Second line: Start date for project (Optional) (format YYYY.MM.DD or YYYY)
- Third line End date for project (Optional) (format YYYY.MM.DD or YYYY)
- If you want your project away from project list page, just remove info.txt file from project folder. (your project pages are still available, info.txt control only visibility for project list)
Web applications under project folder?
It's possible to run web applications under project folder, but please discuss with admin before you install it. Admin checks what kind of web applications you are installing because every application is potential security risk for our web server. Things to agree:
- Is application secure and have active development process going on?
- Who makes sure that security updates are installed if needed?
- Who installs applications and how applications should be configured?
- Database needs?
- Is separate virtual machine needed for specific applicatiosn for security reasons?
- and so on…