meta data for this page
This is an old revision of the document!
FAQ - Frequently asked questions
Who can use this wiki?
At moment it's meant for personnels of information technology department. You can use it anyway you want for anything you want which is related to your work here.
Who have access to this wiki?
First, it's visible to internet and by default anyone can read it but editing is allowed only for personnels of information technology department. It's possible to use groups from university authentication system to restrict access to certain parts of wiki.
I don't want whole world to see my things, how to restrict access?
It's possible to use normal account and groups available in university authenticatuion system to limit visibility or edit rights. It's possible to control access either namespace or page level.
Can students have edit rights here
Sure, but it must be authorized by department personnels, it's possible for give students access ex. for specific course areas for making collaborative works.
Can i put my course pages here?
Sure, you can run your course pages here, but in future we propably are still providing course index and main pages. You can link from there to this wiki.
Where i can put my content
Almost anywhere you want, but remember that you can use namespaces to arrange your content logically and control access for your content. I suggest following major namespaces to be used:
- mvpr - Machine Vision and Pattern Recognition Laboratory
- swe - Software Engineering Laboratory
- comlab - Communications Software Laboratory
- courses - Courses using wiki
- use course codes below courses namespace ex. CT10A1000
- department - Department level information
- admin - for administrator documentation
- projects - Projects might be located under laboratories or maybe under common projects namespace
- and so on…
How i can see what pages are changed recently?
Recent changes within whole wiki
Recent changes within specified namespace
- Ex. common namespace http://www2.it.lut.fi/wiki/doku.php/common/start?do=recent
- Ex. admin namespace http://www2.it.lut.fi/wiki/doku.php/admin/start?do=recent
what those toolbox functions do (bottom area of left side bar)
- Wiki Index, full page index for this wiki
- Recent changes, list of 30 last changed wiki page, sorted with modified time
- Upload file, upload files to wiki, remember to upload to right namespace
- Openoffice Export, you can save wiki page as open office word document. (easy to export to word or pdf)
- What links here, shows list of pages which link tu current page
- Permanent link, go to current version of wiki page. You can copy link from address bar to other places if you want to link tihis specific version.
- Cite this Article, citation information for current page, gives few different formats to choose.