meta data for this page
This is an old revision of the document!
E-academy License Management System (ELMS)
Software distribution system for department students and staff. This system is meant to help distribute microsoft software related to department courses. You can download CD/DVD iso images and get licensed serial numbers for software.
Who can use it?
- Students and staff of department of information technology can use delms download service
- All licenses are personal and you can have one installation during same time. If you need more than one license per software, please contact Ilmari Laakkonen.
- You download software trough internet and burn it to your own medias.
How to use?
- You are redirected to departmental login page located our own www-server. Login in with your university account and password.
- Your account status is checked agains ldap server information and if you are meber of student or staff group, you will get information about that.
- Press shown link to go back ELMS-MSDNAA service.
- Select needed software from shown webshop.
- “buy and download” software loader applications, write down serial numbers for software if needed.
- Start loader application(s) to download software (loader applications is windows software).
- Burn CD/DVD image to correct media
- install software and enjoy wonderful software products from microsoft.
What information is transferred to Microsoft?
At login phase your account and password is checked against university LDAP server over secure connection. Following information is given to microsoft system at login phase:
- User id
- Confirmation that you are either student or staff working in our department.
When you download software from system, you need to give additional information:
- First name
- Last name
- email address