GABOR - Gabor Features in Signal and Image Processing
"You can't predict the future, but you can invent it."
- Dennis Gabor
This research topic started as a research project in 2000, but has now extended to a complete research area which is studied in many projects of Machine Vision and Pattern Recognition Research Group at Lappeenranta University of Technology. The latest results you can examine by viewing our current projects or latest articles.
The goal of this research area is to investigate Gabor filter based image processing, especially feature extraction, which has applications in computer vision problems.
- OBJECT - Object Detection and Recognition
- FACEDETECT - Face Detection
- SHIFTABILITY - Shiftability of Frames
- SIGDIG - Signal Discrimination for Condition Monitoring
A very efficient object detection and localisation method based on our Gabor filters will be presented in the ICCV2007 Workshop.
|Joni Kämäräinen||WWW||Project leader, research fellow|
|Jarmo Ilonen||WWW||PhD student|
|Ville Kyrki||WWW||Post-doc researcher|
- Gabor Features in Signal and Image Processing Toolbox for Matlab (Deprecated - for 2-D use SimpleGabor Toolbox)
- SimpleGabor Toolbox for Matlab - Multiresolution Gabor Feature Toolbox
- electroniccomponents02 - Electronic components data set 02.
- symbollibrary01 - Symbol library data generation source 02.
|Gabor intensive research groups|
|The NuHAG Gabor Server|
|Researchers contributed to the research on Gabor features|
|Prof. Dennis Gabor|
|Prof. David Casasent|
|Prof. Gösta H. Granlund|
|Prof. J. Daugman|
|Prof. M.J. Bastiaans|
|Prof. A.J.E.M. Janssen|
|Prof. C. von der Malsburg|
|Prof. Tai Sing Lee|
|Research groups utilizing Gabor features|
|State Key Laboratory of Intelligent Technology and Systems, Tsihngua University (prof X. Ding)|
|Computer Vision Laboratory, Institute for System and Robotics (Prof Santos-Victor)|
Do not hesitate to to contact authors (e-mail, etc.) in order to retrieve copies or reprints of the following publications.